The Qualification | Performance standards | Page Header
The Qualification | Performance standards | Intro
Each subject outline (curriculum document) includes descriptions of five levels of achievement, A to E at Stage 1 and, A+ to E- at Stage 2.
These are called ‘performance standards’. Teachers and assessors use the performance standards to decide how well a student has demonstrated their learning. Each grade corresponds to a level of the performance standards (A to E at Stage 1 and, A+ to E- at Stage 2). Performance standards also offer opportunities for teachers and students to improve the quality of their teaching and learning.
The Qualification | Performance standards | Body
Teachers refer to the performance standards to:
- show each student what they need to do to be successful in their learning
- design assessment tasks that help students to demonstrate their learning at the highest possible level of achievement
- make decisions about the quality of learning.
Students can also refer to the performance standards to:
- show their learning in ways that are most appropriate to them
- monitor their progress
- understand what is expected at the end of a learning program.